QUICK AND EASY CHRISTMAS TRIFLE
QUICK AND EASY
One delightful layer of flavour after the other, there’s nothing like a traditional Christmas trifle. One of the best things about this dessert is that you can make it your own by changing layers to suit your taste. We’ve given this variation a generous dose of creamy caramel and divine chocolate chunks, which really sets it apart. Feel free to substitute the fruit cocktail pieces with any of your favourite fruit and, if you want to add a bit of kick to the dessert, simply drizzle sherry over the finger biscuit layer. Just don’t use too much, the biscuits are best if they’re still crisp. Serves: 8 - 12.
1 packet (80g) of Ritebrand red jelly
1 packet (80g) Ritebrand green jelly
2 cups custard
200 g pack of Boudoir biscuits
360 g tin caramel treat
425 g tin fruit cocktail pieces, drained
1 tsp. lemon juice
¼ cup Old Brown Sherry
64 g (2 x 32 g) Flake chocolates
110 g (2 x 55 g) Bar Ones, chopped
1 cup Orley Whip or 1 spray can whipped cream
Strawberries, to garnish (optional)
- First layer: Red jelly
- Second layer: Boudoir biscuits
- Third layer: Half of the caramel
- Fourth layer: Half of the fruit cocktail pieces
- Fifth layer: Half of the custard
- Sixth layer: Half of BarOne chocolate pieces
- Seventh layer: Green jelly
3. Repeat all the layers as many times as your bowl allows.
4. Top with whipped Orley Whip.
5. Garnish with crumbled Flake chocolate and a few sliced strawberries.
Tips and variations:
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
See the latest specials at your favourite Shoprite.